Pages

Friday, July 06, 2007

Gmail doesn't let you archive draft emails

I was really surprised to find that I can't archieve my un-sent drafts. You know how it goes--those un-sent Drafts pile up, for various reasons. Sometimes because they are overtaken by events--you get a phone call from a person before you can send the message.

Yes, I could just leave them there, but that's messy, or I could delete them, but that seems like a violation of the core philosophy underpinning Gmail (never delete information). After all, 3 months down the road, I will find myself thinking "I swear I sent that email saying I didn't want to be chairman of the golf fund-raiser next year". Instead of searching for it and failing to find it, it would be nicer if I could search, and find it in an un-sent state, thus explaining why my memory was deceiving me.

No comments:

Post a Comment