Pages

Wednesday, December 26, 2007

True-to-Life Movies

It could be my imagination, but it seems like there have been a high number of good movies based very closely on true-life stories. Many of them are sports movies, others are historical. I have truth-squadded many of them afterwards, and have been shocked how historically accurate they have been. In fact, in many cases, had they not been factually-based, I would have criticized elements for being too implausible.

Anyway, it would be nice if there were a website "Truth-squadding the movies".

Movies that I am thinking of:

  • Charlie Wilson's war (I haven't fully researched this one yet)
  • The Greatest Game Every Played
  • Glory Road
  • Amazing Grace
  • The Natural (haven't researched in detail)
  • and a bunch of others I can't recall at the moment.

1 comment:

  1. Thus the reason that I go for Documentaries rather than the dramatized versions if possible. Like you, I want to know what the facts were.

    ReplyDelete