Pages

Sunday, November 10, 2019

Airbnb Can Be Great, Except When It's Awful

This article is a good heads-up on possible Airbnb scams by hosts. I think the moral of the story is: don't accept any swap, especially last minute, without viewing the substitute premises first.

I had my own bad Airbnb experience. I reserved an Airbnb in London in summer peak season. The host canceled at the last minute. No way could I find comparable lodgings for my party of 5 for any reasonable price. I have no idea why they canceled, though I suspect it may have been because they realized they could charge more.

So although I don't think it was a scam in my case, I feel like the same, simple remedy would work for both of our cases. Namely, the cancellation policies should be reciprocal. If I had canceled with 48 hours notice, I would have received no refund. Why shouldn't the same rules apply to the host???

No comments:

Post a Comment