Pages

Saturday, April 03, 2010

Dolphin Android Browser: 2 Key Features

I have been trying out the Dolphin browser for Android over the past couple of weeks. I don't do a lot of mobile browsing, for I don't yet have a fully-formed opinion. However, it incorporates two features that should be core to many mobile apps.

Click-to-Scroll. Swiping to scroll the screen is fine for many uses, but when using the mobile device for reading content, you really want a button to click to get a page-down effect. This was something I looked for the first day I used Android, and have consistently looked for in a dozen apps since, but this is the first time I have found it. The Dolphin implementation is very sensible--it includes the configurable option to use the volume key to Page-Down and Page-Up. Every app should do this.

Flag for Read Later. While surfing, I come across a lot of stuff that I want to read later. Dolphin specifically includes a "mark to read later" flag for this feature. Very nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment