Pages

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Mute Botton = Ejector Seat Button

Jeff Atwood discusssing why it is important for the "ejector seat button" on a plane to be very, very hard to hit by accident, and extending that analogy (of course) to software--where all too often it is very easy to hit. My favorite commonplace example is the hangup button or switchhook on a phone--it is just ridiculous how easy it is to hang up on yourself, when you are eagerly reaching for the mute button, to make an insightful comment during a conference call! And my rant about a similar "feature" of my cable modem.

1 comment:

  1. Do you mind if I quote a couple of your posts as long as I provide credit and sources back to your blog? My blog is in the exact same niche as yours and my users would really benefit from some of the information you provide here. Please let me know if this ok with you. Thank you!

    -----------------------
    Invoice generator

    ReplyDelete