Pages

Monday, March 19, 2012

Don't Like Frictionless Sharing

I got a Facebook notification, asking me to validate that I worked with a former colleague at a former employer. Fine, no big deal, I clicked yes. But Facebook--without so much as a "by your leave"--frictionlessly decided that meant that I desired to add my experience at that employer to my own status.

I use Facebook strictly for personal stuff, and segregate professional stuff to LinkedIn. So I don't really have any burning desire to list my employment details on Facebook. I don't really have any objection, so I'm not freaked out, but this is an example of being way too frictionless for my liking. At a minimum, Facebook should have asked me if I wanted to post that.

1 comment:

  1. Here, here. Now other Apps like Spotify and others want you to 'link' accounts to Facebook... I still think something will come along to replace Facebook but when, who knows as the hurdle Facebook is building is large.

    ReplyDelete