Pages

Thursday, January 21, 2010

NYT Charging, Again!

I can't believe they are going through another iteration of this...they have done this SO many times. That comment was rhetorical, I actually CAN believe it, because I understand, they want to make money off of me, even if I don't want to give them any money if I can possibly help it. I do like the fact that they are trying something new, the hybrid approach. One good thing about that is that is doesn't put everything behind the walled garden.

Typically, however, the "cliff" between free and charging is too steep...so that flat fee, instead of being $3/month (acceptable) will be something like $11/month or $50/year.

I will be interested to see how they detect a repeat user. Slate's predictably negative take on the whole idea speculates about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment