Pages

Wednesday, March 03, 2010

Fwd: Even More Reasons to Get a Move On

Really good article on the almost endless benefits of exercise. I think maybe the only way to get people's attention is through their wallets. It could be complex, cumbersome and meddlesome, but I think there needs to be a significant premium penalty for not exercising. I think it would have to be at least equivalent to the penalty now assessed to smokers--maybe more. Obviously the upper limit should be the real, actuarial health costs associated with inactivity--if people choose to incur that cost, it is ultimately their free choice.

I say this warily. As a 100 mile/week cyclist, I have my doubts about ever getting credit  for my exercise regime. Hard to monitor, as opposed to the credit for getting through the gym doors 12 times/week.



1 comment:

  1. The link goes to:
    A Word From the Wise
    BuzzPermalink By THOMAS L. FRIEDMAN
    Published: March 2, 2010

    This is the one thing that our politicians should be talking abouot when it comes to health care, EXERCISE people, get off the couch and move!

    ReplyDelete