Pages

Friday, March 12, 2010

Male Android Cheapskates To Dominate Mobile Market | Android Phone Fans

Male Android Cheapskates To Dominate Mobile Market | Android Phone Fans

And this is exactly what Android’s detractors would say – Android is for geeky guys and penny pinchers. Instead, I’d say it suggests the success of the Open Source mentality and the Laissez-faire approach on market regulation. Google has provided an arena where free solutions that are equal or close to paid solutions are widely available. That doesn’t mean developers can’t make bank – go ahead and support your apps with advertising and sponsorships – if I’m getting an app for free I have no problem seeing ads, knowing that it’s what compensates the devs.
I love this. "Cheap" (aka, cost-sensitive) consumers are exactly what the economy needs more of. In my humble opinion, too many companies have expensive cost models that are unsustainable.

No comments:

Post a Comment